MEDFORD, Ore. — Members of the Oregon Health Plan served by Jackson Care Connect now have a 21st century tool to help promote better health. The health plan has announced a free mobile app for Apple or Android smartphones. The app provides many of the resources available on some of the most popular medical websites.
“Now our members will have the ability to record and store their health information for use at their fingertips,” said Heidi Hill, community engagement program manager at Jackson Care Connect, a Medicaid Coordinated Care Organization serving Oregon Health Plan members in Jackson County. “Our members can enter their own doctor’s information, but in emergencies, especially when they are out of town, the app will also provide directions to the nearest emergency department or urgent care.”
The “JCConnect” mobile app tools to promote health, wellness and well-being include:
- Symptom Care Guides help members assess the severity of any medical issue and decide whether to visit the doctor, go to urgent care or call 911. These are based on clinical practices used by physicians and nurses in 10,000 clinics and 400 nurse advice lines in the US and Canada. They have been tested for 15 years on more than 150 million symptom calls.
- Directions to the nearest urgent care or emergency department, if one is needed.
- Parent Advice Messages deal with the most common questions parents ask their physicians about their children’s behavior and wellness. Each topic provides a description of the issue, three to five specific recommendations and additional resources.
- One-button access to poison control and CareOregon customer service.
- Text messaging to Customer Service.
The mobile app does not connect Jackson Care Connect members to their own secure personal medical records. It does, however, provide a place for members to record other plan information, such as doctors’ and Customer Service telephone numbers, medication and allergy list or health plan member ID number, so they can have it for easy access when they need it, such as when checking into a doctor’s office or filling a prescription.
The JCConnect mobile app is available on the App Store for Apple products and on Google Play for Android phones.
For information about Jackson Care Connect or the new JCConnect mobile app, contact Jeanie Lunsford, 503-416-3626, email@example.com.