Welcome to your health plan!
Jackson Care Connect is a coordinated care organization (CCO). We’re a nonprofit, community-based health insurance plan serving Oregon Health Plan (OHP) members in Jackson County.
We bring together members, health care providers and the community to provide you with access to better, more coordinated services. We seek to improve health outcomes for people and families on OHP and lower costs.
Jackson Care Connect helps you work toward better health by:
- Connecting you with a primary care provider (PCP) to make sure you have the tools and support you need to stay healthy.
- Navigating your health care benefits and offering advice that is easy to understand and follow.
- Ensuring you have the right resources to overcome barriers to better health.
- Providing you with information and access to preventive services.
- Keeping you closely connected to your PCP, so you can avoid trips to the emergency room or hospital.
- Making sure your PCP and your other providers — like your dentist, counselor, specialists and so on — talk to each other about your health care needs.
- Working with local providers to offer resources beyond health care, including prenatal and infant care, food resources, housing support and language interpretation.
- Working closely with you, your providers and the community to make sure you feel comfortable, safe and cared for.
Our goal is to help you receive the best health care and services possible within your community, when you need them. We work closely with local partners and social agencies to improve the care you get and develop new ways to help you stay healthy. If you face challenges like homelessness or hunger, or have chronic health conditions, we work to connect you with the right resources.
When you first become a member, please follow these important steps:
- If you’re a new patient, please call the PCP listed on your Member ID card to schedule a wellness visit, even if you’re not sick. Don’t have a PCP? Find a doctor who’s open to new patients by using our Provider Search or calling Customer Service.
- If you’re pregnant, search for a pregnancy provider (obstetrician or midwife) who handles prenatal care before your baby comes. Or, call Customer Service at 855-722-8208 (TTY 711).
- Call your pregnancy provider to start prenatal care as soon as possible.
- You’ll also want to begin or maintain a relationship with your PCP.
- You have access to extra benefits and programs to care for you and your growing family. For more information, call Customer Service or visit our benefit information page.
- Make sure your providers have your new insurance information. Show them your Jackson Care Connect Member ID card.
- If you take medications, talk to your PCP about which medications are covered or visit our drug list for coverage information. You can also call Customer Service.
- As a new member, if you have trouble filling a prescription for a medication you’ve been taking, call us. We may be able to help you with a transitional supply.
- If you have diabetic supply needs, tell your PCP what they are.
- As a new member, if you have trouble getting diabetic supplies, call us. We may be able to help you get a transitional supply.
- If you need help getting medical equipment, call Customer Service. This includes items like wheelchairs, hospital beds for your house, ventilators, oxygen, walkers, crutches and much more.