To arrange a ride, call 888-518-8160.
Do you need help with transportation to your health care appointments?
Non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT) services are a covered Medicaid benefit for Jackson Care Connect members. If you have no way to get to a covered health appointment, a free rideshare program called TransLink can get you there. Depending
on your needs, you may be provided rides, get passes to ride the bus or get help paying for gas.
Check out our Riders Guide for details about the transportation program.
If you want a printed copy of the Rider's Guide, please contact Jackson Care Connect Customer Service at 855-722-8208 or TTY 711. We will send you the printed Rider's Guide within five business days.
Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Or schedule your request online at rvtd.org
Understanding transportation services
To make transportation services simple, we created a helpful one-page overview of transportation services and benefits. You can click on a language below to download the PDF:
Translink offers three services:
Reimbursement: We pay a per-mile rate for mileage to and from health care visits. You can drive yourself, or someone else can drive you. Print an appointment verification form at rvtd.org/accessible-transportation/translink and ask your provider’s office staff to sign it. Reimbursement is loaded onto a prepaid debit card.
Public transportation: We provide daily or monthly transit passes. We’ll discuss your appointments and decide whether a day or monthly pass is better suited to your scheduled visits..
Vehicle-provided rides: We can schedule private and shared rides. Based on your medical needs, we can send a sedan, wheelchair van, stretcher vehicle or non-emergent ambulance.
For complete details on these services, visit Translink's website.
If you need help getting to your appointments, we prefer that you or your representative call TransLink to schedule a ride at least two business days before your appointment. However, appointments can also be scheduled the same day or up to 90 days in advance, if needed. The staff will ask you about your health history. Once they have that information, they’re happy to explain what types of services will fit your needs.
Am I eligible?
TransLink will verify your eligibility before providing services. Transportation services may be used when you have no other options available, such as public transportation, your own vehicle, or a friend or family member to drive you.
Can my children or family ride with me?
Call us and let us know your situation. Transportation services usually are covered only for the Jackson Care Connect member who has the appointment, with one exception. If you need assistance during your ride, a personal care attendant, such as a nurse or aide, can ride with you at no charge.
Where can I go?
You may schedule transportation to and from any covered health service, including:
- Primary care visits
- Specialist visits
- Physical therapy
- Dental care visits
- Mental health and substance use treatment appointments and services
- Other health services covered by Jackson Care Connect
Jackson Care Connect members can also use TransLink to get to the following locations and services:
- WIC appointments and services
- Compass House
- Pharmacies (to pick up prescription medications)
- Starting Strong store (sponsored by Jackson Care Connect)
- Pain management services
- Access (to pick up durable medical equipment)
- Jackson Care Connect member meetings
- Jackson Care Connect-sponsored wellness activities
- Wellness programs (Fitness Scholarship at YMCA, nutrition workshops, etc.)
What kind of transportation am I eligible for?
We will arrange the lowest cost option that meets your needs. Services include:
- RVTD bus passes or tickets
- Mileage reimbursement (with pre-approval)
- Wheelchair lift/ramp van
- Stretcher car (for those who need to be transported lying down)
- Secured transport: professional transport for those in a mental health crisis
- Common carriers: airline, commercial buses (like Greyhound), trains (like Amtrak)
What information do I need to have ready when I call?
- Your Jackson Care Connect Member ID number
- Your home address and phone number
- Your mailing address
- Your complete pickup address and phone number
- Your complete appointment address, including building name and suite number
- Appointment date and time
- Name and telephone number of your provider
- Reason for appointment
- If you need a wheelchair or other assistance
- If you will be traveling with an assistant or service animal
What if my plans change or I need to cancel my ride?
Call 541-842-2060 or (toll-free) 888-518-8160 (TTY 711).
When you need to cancel a ride or change your appointment time, call TransLink at least two hours before your pickup time. You can call to cancel rides during business hours, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Or, you can call and cancel your appointment using their automated voicemail system 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Please allow enough cancelation time so we can contact your driver and tell them you don't need service.
Is there a number to call after business hours?
If you need to reach TransLink after hours, call the Call Center at the 541-842-2060 or (toll-free) 888-518-8160 (TTY 711). You can leave a voice message stating your need for a ride and someone will call you back to get your information.
If you have a medical emergency, please call 911.
If you have an urgent after-hours medical need, call 888-518-8160 or TTY 711.
After-hours trips are limited to:
- Hospital discharges when requested by a hospital.
- Secure transportation requested by a medical facility or hospital.
- Transportation to urgent care for non-life-threatening medical needs.
What else do I need to know?
- You should be ready 15 minutes before your scheduled pickup time. Transportation providers should arrive within 15 minutes after the scheduled pickup time. If the driver is late, call 541-842-2060 or toll-free 888-518-8160.
- Bus passes should be requested at least one week before your appointment to allow time for mailing.
- For urgent needs after business hours, you can still contact Customer Service.
- For bus routes, you can find more information on TransLink's website.